Terms & Conditions: Outside Catering Events
The terms and conditions as stated below form a contract between Fired Up Food Co Ltd (t/a Expresso) and the Client. All bookings are subject to these terms and conditions.
Prices and Services
- All prices are exclusive of VAT, except where stated.
- Quotations are valid for a period of 30 days.
- All dates remain as open and bookable until such time as a deposit payment and written confirmation has been received.
- If the rate of VAT increases, Fired Up Food Co Ltd reserves the right to increase the total cost of the event by the amount specified by the government on events already booked.
- All prices quoted are for a specific number of guests, and any change in numbers or dietary requirements will affect the overall price in the quotation.
- If the number of guests is less than originally booked, we will still charge for the numbers ordered.
- Final numbers of guests must be notified to us in writing no later than seven days prior to the event. After this time if the numbers increase this can normally be accommodated, but this is not guaranteed and allowances cannot be made if the numbers drop.
- Travel charges may apply.
- Fired up Food Co Ltd is not responsible for the safe keeping of clients’ valuables, personal belongings and gifts.
- Fired up Food Co Ltd cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to clients’ wedding cakes.
- The client will be responsible for providing utilities: electricity, lighting, running potable tap water, sewerage and firefighting equipment, where applicable.
- All deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 25% of the total estimated cost for wedding receptions is required to be made to us in cleared funds, before your booking is confirmed. The balance of the price will be due seven days prior to the event (upon confirmation of final numbers).
- For bookings made by a venue a non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of 25% of the total estimated cost is required to be made to us in cleared funds, before your booking is confirmed. The balance of the price is due within 14 days of receipt of invoice, which will be issued once final numbers have been confirmed.
- Late bookings taken 14 days or less prior to the planned event are payable in full at the time of the booking.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque, debit card and BACS. Credit card payments are subject to 2% charge??.
- Please make BACS payments as follows: Sort Code: 30 96 17 Account no: 43007768
- The company reserves the right to charge interest on late payments.
Fired Up Food Company Ltd reserves the right to cancel any function or event for any of the following reasons:
- If the client or Fired up Food Co Ltd becomes insolvent or enters into liquidation or receivership.
- If the event may prejudice the reputation or cause damage to Fired Up Food Co Ltd.
In any of these situations Fired Up Food Co Ltd will refund any payments made in advance, but will have no further liability to the client.
We reserve the right to charge the client fees in the event that a cancellation is made, following the confirmation of a booking. The following scale of charges will apply:
- The deposit paid is non-refundable, non-transferable regardless of the length of time prior to the event you decide to cancel
- Cancellations between 12 months and six months prior to the event – you will owe us 50% of the total contract package price
- Cancellation between six months and three months prior to the event – you will owe us 75% of the total contract package price
- Cancellation between three months and the event date – you will owe us 100% of the total contract package price
All cancellations must be confirmed in writing. Only once written cancellation is received and has been acknowledged by us will the cancellation become effective.
Although the deposit may not be sufficient to cover the above charges, accepting these terms you are contractually bound to honour the cancellation policy. In the event of a cancellation an invoice will be issued for the relevant amount and payment will be required within seven days.
In the event of a cancellation made by Fired Up Food Co Ltd due to circumstances beyond their control, Fired Up Food Co Ltd will, by notice in writing to the client, terminate the agreement and return to the client any payments made to Fired Up Food Co Ltd by the client, less any costs, expenses or liabilities howsoever incurred in respect of the proposed provision of the catering services.
- Whilst every effort will be made to ensure the accuracy of quotations, prices quoted only become binding once agreed in your catering package and once the Terms and Conditions come into force. It is the price quoted in your catering package which must be paid in full. However, the Company reserves the right to charge for the for food to be provided and / or for labour in the event that the cost of such items increases between the time of conclusion of the contact and the time of the event. In this case the price increase will only be by the amount of additional cost directly incurred by the Company and any price change will be notified to you in writing as soon as possible, and in any case, prior to the event.
- All items on our menus are subject to the availability of products and ingredients. Where it is not possible to supply an agreed item, the client will be notified at the earliest possible time, when a replacement items will be offered.
- All food which is not consumed within four hours at room temperature should be disposed of. Any person subsequently consuming food, or taking food home for consumption, does so at their own risk. Fired Up Food Co Ltd cannot accept responsibility for food consumed otherwise than at the location at which the food is supplied, or after the initial four-hour period.
- Allergens: The Company cannot guarantee that any produce on our menu is totally free from allergens (including nuts and gluten) as we do not operate in an allergen-free environment.
- Special diets: Please advise us of any special requirements at least seven days before your event.
- Fired Up Food Co Ltd cannot be held responsible for the safety of any food directly supplied by the client.
- The Company reserves the right to charge more for staffing costs should any function run on longer than originally planned or detailed.
- It is strongly advised that clients arrange adequate Event & Cancellation Insurance to protect against cancellation, costs, damage & public liability.
- Fired Up Food Co Ltd can not be held responsible in any way for any unsuitable weather conditions that may arise. The normal cancellation fee will be applicable in these situations.
Neither party shall be liable to the other for any delay or non-performance of its obligations arising from any cause beyond its reasonable control including, without limitation, any of the following: act of God, Government act, war, fire, flood, explosion or civil commotion.
Loss or Damage
- The client is wholly responsible for all goods and equipment supplied by Fired Up Food Co Ltd and its sub-contractors from the time of delivery until it is collected. The client must ensure that equipment is sufficiently insured. The client will be responsible for any loss or damage cause by the clients’ representatives or guests to the property owned or hired by Fired Up food Co Ltd.
Limitation of liability
Subject to the express provisions of the Terms & Conditions Fired Up Food Co Ltd shall not be liable for any indirect loss or consequential loss howsoever caused by its failure to perform it obligations under these Terms & Conditions.
Fired Up Food Co Ltd means Fired Up Food Co, its proprietors and its employees
The client means any person/s, company/s or organisation/s for which Fired Up Food Co Ltd undertakes any catering services
Catering services means all services and goods provided to the client by Fired Up Food Co Ltd
Acceptance of Terms & Conditions
Receipt of these terms or written acceptance by the Company of the customer’s order and deposit shall be deemed to constitute unqualified acceptance of these conditions.