Why not do the world a favour and make your big day an eco-friendly affair?
Environmentally-aware couples certainly don’t have to abandon their environmental ethics when it comes to wedding planning – and embracing ‘green alternatives’ really doesn’t mean compromising on style!
From flowers to frocks, vehicles to vino there are plenty of environmentally friendly options when it comes to planning your big day.
And you may be surprised just how easy it is to have an eco-friendly wedding!
Here’s our top ten eco-friendly wedding suggestions:
- Hen & Stag Parties: opt for a UK do – and choose low-impact activities
- Outfits: why not hire instead of buying?
- Gifts: if you’ve got everything you need consider asking guests to donate to a favourite charity on your behalf
- Flowers and decorations: choose locally sourced blooms or consider hiring potted plants and topiary
- Ceremony: avoid traditional confetti at all costs!
- Reception: recycle as much rubbish as you can afterwards. And remember that disposable tableware might not be as green as glass and china which can be washed and re-used!
- Food: choose locally sourced, seasonal ingredients, organic if you don’t mind paying extra
- Drinks: Look for local beers, ciders, spirits and soft drinks
- Transport: Organise a coach to transport guests to and from the reception
- Honeymoon: Plan a UK getaway and travel by public transport if possible! Alternatively buy carbon offsets!
“An eco-friendly wedding certainly doesn’t have to be a grim affair!” said Expresso Director Roland Schreiber.
“Many couples we speak to are concerned about the environment and appreciate the value in choosing local suppliers, along with locally-sourced seasonal produce.
“In fact, it’s surprisingly straightforward to add a touch of ‘green’ to your wedding day – and the environment will thank you!”
A Norwich-based independent business, Expresso works with local partners to deliver high-quality bespoke events ranging from weddings to awards dinners, corporate functions to family parties.