Stop! December doesn’t have to be all about mince pies and mistletoe! You’ve got a wedding to plan and December is a great time to make a start. From ‘wedmin’ to your wedding menu, we say make the most of December!
And here are ten good reasons why:
- Start in December and you’re already off the starting blocks with those New Year ‘Wedding Planning’ resolutions come January!
- In situ: if you’re heading ‘home’ for Christmas that probably means you’ll be in ‘wedding territory’ – so it’s an ideal time for arranging face-to-face meetings with suppliers and key players.
- Sitting comfortably: those dismal December days are perfect for getting stuck in. Think research, lists and handmade touches.
- Wedding catering: although caterers may be busy with Christmas events, it’s likely they will have a little more flexibility than during peak wedding season to meet, discuss your wedding menu and arrange tastings.
- Wedding venues: again, things will probably have quietened down a bit, so viewings should be easier to arrange than during the peak season.
- Outfits: shop around now and be ready to pounce in the holiday sales!
- The great Christmas get-together means it’s an ideal time to do some face-to-face wedding planning with friends and family.
- Time to think: look back at the weddings and parties you’ve been to this year and consider how you want your big day to look and feel.
- No regrets: adopt a sensible approach to Christmas wining and dining and say ‘no’ to a New Year pre-wedding diet.
- There’s no time like the present – weddings don’t organise themselves and the sooner you get started the better. Lots of couples finally get around to firming up bookings in the New Year, so get in there first!
Your wedding menu
As highly recommended caterers we’re already working on wedding menus for 2021 – so our advice is to get cracking with your wedding planning this December!
“No two weddings are the same and we work closely with couples to interpret their needs and create a bespoke wedding menu that hits exactly the right note. Whether you want a wedding menu that’s truly traditional or food that really rings the changes we’re ready!” said Expresso director Roland Schreiber.
To discuss your wedding menu contact Expresso!