Looking for a Norfolk caterer but not sure where to start?
Here are our top ten tips:
- Recommendations: if, as a guest at a function, you’ve been impressed by a Norfolk caterer then that’s a great starting point. Friends and family may have suggestions, but don’t be afraid to do your own research. And don’t overlook favourite cafes and restaurants which may also offer outside catering!
- Horses for courses: look for a Norfolk caterer with experience in catering for your sort of event. Don’t assume caterers are all the same! A great ‘dirty burger’ BBQ crew might not be the best fit for a black tie VIP champagne reception! (We’ve even come across Norfolk caterers that “aren’t geared up” to serve tea and coffee to delegates)!
- Style: ensure your chosen Norfolk caterer specialises in the style of food you like, whether that’s top end fine dining, hearty carveries, Mediterranean style sharing platters or vintage afternoon teas.
- Chemistry: event planning can be stressful so it’s essential you ‘gel’ with your Norfolk caterer. Place your trust in a Norfolk caterer you feel comfortable with right from the word go!
- Cost: it’s hard for any Norfolk caterer to provide a ‘ball park’ figure for an event without knowing quite a bit of detail so give as much information as you can when you make the initial enquiry.
- Location: look for a caterer that can deliver to your chosen location – Norfolk is a big county and not all Norfolk caterers are willing to travel – or make things work in unusual venues!
- Experience: it counts. A flashy website and smooth sales pitch count for nothing if the caterers have little independent experience under their belts. If they’re a relatively new outfit their experience may have been working for someone else – and that’s a totally different kettle of fish! An experienced Norfolk caterer will ask lots of questions, make suggestions and find creative and practical ways to make your event a success.
- Availability: don’t assume that because your event isn’t until 2017 that caterers will be free. ‘Wedding Saturdays’ in particular often get booked up 18 months in advance!
- ‘One stop’ shop service: look for a caterer that can provide more than just the food. You may also need furniture, tableware, linen, staff, drinks etc and it’s helpful to have a caterer that can take care of it all for you.
- Quality: if you’re on a limited budget be upfront with your Norfolk caterer and they will be able to come up with options that work without compromising on quality. If, however, quality is more important than cost then it’s equally important that you let your Norfolk caterer know in order that this can be reflected in the menu suggestions.
Here at Expresso Café & Catering we’ve oodles of experience in delivering catering for high quality events. Our full time team of chefs and event professionals is dedicated to ensuring every event hits the right spot. From weddings to birthday parties, corporate dinners to champagne receptions you can rely on Expresso.
At the helm is hospitality professional Roland Schreiber with over 30 years of international experience – from five star plus service on ocean liners through to matchday catering at top flight sports clubs.
So if you’re looking for a Norfolk caterer give Expresso a call!